Luke 8:24 - And they came to Him and awoke Him, saying, "Master, Master, we are perishing!" Then He arose and rebuked the wind and the raging of the water. And they ceased, and there was a calm.
And - then
they - the disciples
awoke - it doesn't say the method they used, maybe shaking? I don't know, but they were probably shouting the the following statements ...
Him, - Jesus
- a person with the ability or power to use, control, or dispose of something
- owner of a slave, animal, etc.
- employer of workers or servants
- male head of household
- a person eminently skilled in something as an occupation, art, science
- a person whose teachings others accept or follow
- a worker qualified to teach apprentices and carry on a trade independently
- the Master, Jesus Christ (actual definition found in the dictionary)
we - disciples and Jesus, everyone on the boat
- causing destruction, ruin, extreme discomfort or death
- to die or be destroyed through violence, privation, etc.
- to pass away or disappear
- to suffer destruction or ruin
- to suffer spiritual death
He - Jesus
- got up from lying, sitting, kneeling
- move upward; mount; ascend
rebuked - expressed sharp, tern disapproval of; reprove; reprimand
- air in natural motion
- gale, storm, hurricane
- any stream of air as that produced by a bellows or fan
- air that is blown or forced to produce a musical sound in singing or playing an instrument
- angry fury; violent anger
- fit of violent anger
- fury or violence of wind, waves, fire, diseases, etc.
- violent desire or passion
water. - lake water
they - the wind and waves
- stop, discontinue
- come to an end
- pass away, die out
- put a stop or end to
- without rough motion; still or nearly still
- not windy or stormy
- free from excitement or passion; tranquil
- freedom for motion or disturbance
- wind speed of less than 1 mile per hour
- freedom from agitation, excitement, or passion; tranquility; serenity
They called Him "Master" - twice!
They believed they were perishing - being destroyed
The wind was powerful.
The waves were raging.
Jesus got up when came to Him panicked.
Jesus rebuked - sternly reprimanded/commanded - the wind
The wind stopped.
The waves stopped crashing.
The surroundings were tranquil.
Remember where to go when panicked.
Remember, when in the storm, I am not alone.
Remember His name is also Master - He is qualified to work in any of my situations.