ScriptureLuke 8:22 Now it happened, on a certain day, that He got into a boat with His disciples. And He said to them, "Let us cross over to the other side of the lake." And they launched out.
ObservationNow - at this point
it - this event
happened, - occurred, took place
on - indicates place, location, situation, etc.
- not a particular
- certain or particular
- free from doubt or reservation; confident; sure
- destine, sure to happen
- inevitable; bound to come
- established as true or sure; unquestionable; indisputable
- fixed; agreed upon; settled
- *definite or particular, but not named or specified
- that may be depended on; trustworthy; unfailing; reliable
- the interval of light between two successive nights; the time between sunrise and sunset
- the light of the day; daylight
- the portion of day allotted to work
- a day on which something occurs
- day assigned to a particular purpose or observance
He - Jesus
- came to a specified place
- to cause or cause to become; to do, to move, etc.
- to hear clearly
- a vessel for transport by water, constructed to provide buoyancy by excluding wtaer and shaped to give stability and permit propulsion
- a small ship
- accompanied by; accompanying
- in some particular relation
- characterized by or having
disciples. - the 12 personal followers of Christ
And - then
He - Jesus
- expressed in words
- stated an opinion or judgment
them, - the disciples with Him
- allow or permit
- to grant the occupancy or use of
- to cause to; make to
- used to express a request, command, warning, suggestion, etc.
- to move, pass, or extend from one side to the other
- to put or draw across
- to cancel by marking a line through
- above in place
- from one side to the other
the - specific
- additional or further
- different or distinct from the one mentioned or implied
- the remaining one of two or more
- one of the surface forming the outside of or boundary of a thing or the lines of a geometric figure
- a region, direction, position with reference to a central line, space, or point
lake." - body of fresh or salt water of a considerable size
And - then
they - Jesus and the disciples
- to set a boat/ship in the water
- to float
- to send forth, catapult, or release
- away from
- in or into the outdoors
- state of exhaustion
- to a point or state of extinction
They got into a boat and launched out to cross the lake because Jesus said let's do it.
There was no questioning.
ApplicationThey trusted Him and didn't question Him when He said to cross the lake. There was no question about the weather. There was no question about the time of day. He said "Let's cross over..." and they did.
I could take a lesson from this, such as:
- When I get that impression to do or say something, I could just do or say it without asking for 17 clarifications.
- I could just do or say it without asking why.
- I could just do or say it without asking for the blueprints of what His plan is before take that step and what will follow it.
PrayerJesus, I say I want to do what You ask me to do. I say I trust You. But my true wants are seen in action, aren't they? Remind me of my heart's desire to make my desires match Yours for me.
Personal note: So much time has gone by between my notes and then starting to type this and finally finishing the typing of it. In advance, I thank you for your grace through the process of my attempt at blogging study notes. I hope to get better at this. I will be making changes in the way I lay out my notes. Thank you for your patience. :)